Congrats on purchasing the first and best Fishing Rod Arm, the Rod Boss™! These instructions will help you attach the Rod Boss™ to your fishing pole and ensure that it is on tight and ready to haul in some fish.
- Flat Head Screw Driver
- 3mm, 4mm & 5/32″ Allen Wrench
- 8mm & 10mm Open End Wrench
- 1 Rod Boss™ Arm
- 1 Rod Boss™ Base
- 2 Rod Boss™ Straps A & B (Strap “A” has a larger radius to accommodate larger fishing pole foam handles.)
- 2 Stainless Steel Socket Cap Screws (10-24 x 1¼”)
- 2 Stainless Hex Machine Screw Nuts (10-24)
- 2 Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts (M5 x 0.8 x 25mm)
- 2 Chrome Plated Reel Nuts (M5 x 0.8)
- 4 Stainless Steel Hex Machine Screw Nuts (M5 x 0.8)
- 1 Stainless Steel Hex Drive Pan Head Bolt (M6 x 1 x 63mm)
- 1 Stainless Steel Washer (M6)
- 1 Stainless Steel Hex Lock Nut (M6 x 1)
- 2 Stainless Steel Socket Cap Screws (M4 x 0.7 x 30)*
- 2 Stainless Steel Washers (#8)*
* For use with Shimano Tekota Reel
1. INSTALL REEL CARRIAGE BOLTS
Insert the Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts into each slot on the bottom side of your reel and use a Stainless Steel Hex Machine Screw Nut (M5 x 0.8) to lock into position. Tighten with a 8mm Open End Wrench.
Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts shown installed and in position.
2. INSTALL ROD BOSS™ BASE
Starting at the top of the foam handle, slide the Rod Boss™ Base onto the fishing rod and into position. The Rod Boss™ Base should line up where its rear slotted holes are over the Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts you installed in step 1.
Rod Boss™ Base shown installed and in position.
Install the Chrome Plated Reel Nuts and tighten to the Stainless Steel Carriage Bolts using a Flat Head Screw Driver.
3. INSTALL ROD BOSS™ STRAP (A or B)
Select the Rod Boss™ Strap that best fits the diameter of the fishing rod foam handle (included straps have different radii to accommodate various rod diameters). Install front strap by inserting two Stainless Steel Hex Machine Screw Nuts (10-24) into the two hex holes in the strap.
Install the Rod Boss™ Strap on the fishing rod in front of the reel and hold the strap so the two Stainless Steel Socket Cap Screws (10-24 x 1 1/4″) can be installed from the bottom side. Tighten down using a 5/32″ Allen Wrench. *For Shimano Tekota Reel use a 3mm Allen Wrench & the Stainless Steel Socket Cap Screws (M4 x 0.7 x 30).
The Rod Boss™ Base should look like this after steps 1, 2 & 3.
4. INSTALL ROD BOSS™ ARM
Install the Rod Boss™ Arm by inserting the Stainless Steel Hex Drive Pan Head Bolt into the Rod Boss™ Base and the Rod Boss™ Arm. Use the Stainless Steel Washer first and then the Stainless Steel Hex Lock Nut to tighten the Rod Boss™ Arm to Rod Boss™ Base.
Tighten the Stainless Steel Hex Drive Pan Head Bolt and Stainless Steel Hex Lock Nut with a 4mm Allen Wrench and a 10mm Open End Wrench. This will ensure that the Rod Boss™ Arm will stay in position when fishing or can be moved to the storage position.
5. ROUTE THE LINE
Route your fishing line through the Rod Boss™ Arm, not around the outside like shown.
**Rod Boss™ is not responsible for any damage to any fishing pole due to improper or careless installation of the Rod Boss™ product.